Sunday, October 6, 2013

El Nido - A Dream Come True!!!


Weeee......... This is it!!!... This is really is it!!!

I've been waiting to see this place in person ever since a kid. I'm fond of reading magazines, esp. travel magazines. And seeing this place featured on most of the magazines I've read, I've said to my self "I will definitely gonna be there someday, enjoy the islands and explore its beauty!!" I'm even more excited to visit here rather than Boracay. Well, of course, Boracay can come next year, it's still an awesome place---weeeeee.....(never ending travel!!)

Even traveling solo didn't stop me to pursue this adventure!! It even excites me!! To meet random people, know their stories and their culture. Also, El Nido Palawan tagged as a solo traveler friendly place.

So much for this El Nido trip, nothing disappoints me because God has been so good to me. The weather at that day became instantly sunny, though it was still gloomy early in the morning and I kept praying "Oh Mr. sun please rise up" and voila he did!!!. The waves/current tolerable, just perfect to have the island hopping tour. So now, ready for the fun!!

HORRAYY!!! HORRAYY!!! to this beautiful and breathtaking place!!!





I availed the TOUR A Island hopping package composed of:
SMALL LAGOON
BIG LAGOON
SHIMIZU ISLAND (lunch)
SECRET LAGOON (didn't made it due to strong current)
SEVEN COMMANDO BEACH


To start, you will have to pay Php200 for the Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF) valid for 10 days. You can also rent a snorkeling gear for Php100.

DOCKING AREA


The tour usually starts at 9:00am and ends around 4-5pm. This would take a day for each tour. The tour guide personally fetch us from our Inn and lead us to the docking area that takes 5 minute walk. You must be on your swimming state attire as you have to dip into the water to get to the boat.

While waiting for our boat to arrive, I had a chat with my fellow traveler Hanah, from New Zealand who happens to stayed also at Tay Miloy's Inn. I admire her as she is also a solo traveler like me who already traveled solo to different countries in Asia such as Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. She got her travel fund form her salary after working for 6 months as a freelance writer. Hmmmm...just for 6 months and she can already have a fund enough to travel to different countries!!! What??? That's how big the salary New Zealand offers?? Hmm.. I might apply for a job there - LOL!! And when I asked her where she's heading next, she says it depends where her foot and heart leads her. WOW!!! An un-plan escapade!! I will definitely do that sometime, If I have enough travel fund though.


With the Group - Individually doing there thing!

BIG LAGOON

This is a popular spot due to its breathtaking passage. Here, the water is too deep yet they still allow tourists to swim. Our tour guide confirmed that the end part of the movie Bourne Legacy was filmed on this area.

Exit passage of the Big Lagoon

Inside the Big Lagoon

Side part of the Big Lagoon

A dock inside the Big Lagoon owned by a private resort in the area. Our tour guides are brave enough to have a stopover here for a swim and picture taking!

SHIMIZU ISLAND

Is popular for its fish feeding and snorkeling site. You can feed the fish with bread and snorkel immediately to see the fishes under. This is a common site where travelers have there lunch. The place was named after the Chinese diver who went to the cave part of the island and didn't resurfaced. It was believed that he died due to strong current.

Too many foreigners in the area (right side of the island)


Perfect for sun bathing (left side of the island)

Our buffet lunch

SMALL LAGOON

In here you will have to go down the boat and swim along a small passage to enter the small lagoon. It's rocky and has rough edges and I get cut on my leg. I find it hard to swim on the area though there was no current. I just can't figure out why. Thus I decided to bring along the round vest for me to swim around. Thankfully our guide closely assists me on my needs. I didn't spend much time in the area, I immediately get back to the boat and had a chat with the boatmen. They're very friendly and talkative, I didn't even realized the time passed. I didn't get much pictures in here since camera can get wet. It really pays to bring waterproof/underwater camera on this kind of tour.


Leaving Small Lagoon

SEVEN COMMANDO

This place was named 7 commandos after the World War II event were there were
7 commandos who got lost in the island. The place is perfect for chillin', relaxing or even swimming. They have a beach volleyball area where you can play and they offer free usage of frisbee disc. At that time, usually the foreigners were playing. They also have a mini bar where you can order drinks - shakes, cocktails and any kinds of refreshments. 

Front view of the Seven Commando
Bar Area
People Chillin'     






a soon to open restaurant on the upper left and Buddha figure on the upper right . 


SNAPSHOTS ON THE ISLANDS AND ROCK FORMATION WE'VE PASSED THROUGH


Helicopter Island - part of Tour C - Named after its island form

Island in the front view of Shimizu Island

Just a captivating rock formation along the side









The private resort who owns the dock at the Big Lagoon



A million years of rock formation - such a nature

At around 4:00pm we head back to El Nido town.

The tour was more worth the package price. It was an awesome adventure that could bring impact to set standards on your next travel destination. The islands are breathtaking that you just can't get enough. I almost change my mind to continue my stay there and try the other tour esp. the TOUR C the most famous and farthest among the tour. But I don't want to sacrifice my Underground River tour, thus, I just promised to myself that next time I'll be back, I will definitely try all the tours they offer. Not just the island hopping but the inland tour as well.


El Nido, Palawan Island Hopping Details

Rates

       Tour A                        Tour B                        Tour C                       Tour D
   Php700/pax                  Php800/pax                Php900/pax                Php700/pax
- Small Lagoon           -  Cathedral Cave          - Hidden Beach            - Cadlao Lagoon
- Big Lagoon               -  Codugnon Cave         - Shrine                        - Pasandigan Beach
- Shimizu Island          -  Panggalusian Island   - Secret Beach            - Paradise Beach
- Secret Lagoon         -  Snake Island               - Talisay                      - Natnat Beach
- 7 Commando           -  Pinagbayutan Island   - Helicopter Island         - Bukal Island

Tour A and C are the most popular choice. But if you travel in group, you can arrange a tour for a combination of Tour A and C or other tours.
All tours are inclusive of buffet lunch.

A must have:
·         Underwater or waterproof camera. This could make you capture photos while snorkeling.
·         Sunblock
·         Shades
·         Waterproof tote bag. You can experience wave splashes all over.
·         Bottled water


0 comments:

Post a Comment